How to help prevent fraud and chargebacks.
WATCH FOR CUSTOMERS WHO:
- Purchase a lot of merchandise without regard to size, style, color, or price.
- Ask no questions on major purchases.
- Try to distract or rush you during the sale.
- Make purchases, leave the store, and return to make more purchases.
- Make large purchases right at opening or at the last minute when the store is closing.
- Refuse free delivery for large items.
IF YOU SEE SIGNS THAT MAKE YOU SUSPICIOUS:
- Hold on to the customer’s card if you think you can do so safely.
- Follow your company’s procedures and notify your supervisor.
- Call your voice authorization center (1-800-228-1122) and request a “Code 10” authorization, using a normal tone of voice. An operator will then provide guidance.
IF YOU RECEIVED A CHARGEBACK OR A DISPUTE:
- Read the chargeback letter you received in the mail and identify the transaction in question.
- Find documentation relating to the dispute such as receipts, invoices, and bill of sale.
- Respond ASAP to the chargeback department with documentation.
- Call the chargeback department with any questions 1-800-672-5007. Please have your merchant or case number ready for prompt service.
- Mail documentation and copy of original letter to: ATTN: Chargeback Department, PO Box 6010, Hagerstown, MD 21741
- If you prefer fax, the number is 402-933-1525
Still Have Questions?
We're here to help.